Commission on Ethics VacancyPalm Beach County League of Cities
The Palm Beach County League of Cities is accepting resumes for its seat on the Commission. Our current appointee, Judge Edward Rodgers (Ret.) has submitted his resignation, effective July 1. Our Board of Directors will appoint his replacement at their July 25th meeting. The new appointee will complete the term ending in 2014.
We are accepting resumes at email@example.com or 561-355-6545 (fax) along with a consent to serve form. CLICK HERE
The League's appointee must be a former elected official of a governmental agency in Palm Beach County.
Also, per Ordinance 2009-050, establishing the Commission on Ethics:
Section 2. Membership, Qualifications, Terms, Vacancies
E. Additional requirements. No individual, while a member of the Commission on Ethics, shall:
1. Hold or campaign for any elective political office;
2. Hold office in any political party or political committee;
3. Actively participate in or contribute to any political action committee, or to any campaign for state or local
office or for any U.S. Congressional or Senate office serving the State of Florida;
4. Be employed by Palm Beach County, any municipality within Palm Beach County, or any other
governmental entity subject to the authority of the Commission on Ethics or the Inspector General; or
5. Allow his or her name to be used by a campaign in support of or against any candidate for political office
or any referendum or other ballot question. Nothing herein shall preclude a member of the Commission
Ethics from signing a petition in support of or against any referendum or other ballot question